
Well I suggested to her that I'd like to take my time with things and probably start by volunteering at places I wouldn't mind investing to work at someday. She and her friend even suggested Theatre Aquarius, since they always need people to help with moves for shows etc.
I thought this to be a wonderful idea, but then I asked about the cap on student loans. With mine currently being 15,000 or so the lawyer told me he had experience with clients who had student loan debt up to 72,000.
Since I was no where near this I suggested that I could go back to school for a smaller career in something I enjoy in order to pay off my old student loan.
With my mom taking the 30 Day Photography Challenge (see Bl0gtastic at hennaboinsari.blogspot.ca) with my she said she has another family friend who is a teacher in photography at Mohawk college.

Of course I was elated but kept as much of my cool in the matter as possible *ahem* I said, ' Why don't I take photography at Mohawk and see where that goes?' she said well we'll have a talk with my friend and see what he says.
So as I rush to the computer I find the information on Mohawks photography program;
Mohawk photography program;
http://www.mohawkcollege.ca/media-entertainment-programs/creative-photography-still-motion-diploma/fees.html
Tuition Fee's;
http://www.mohawkcollege.ca/Assets/Registrar/Financial+Assistance/Fees.pdf
The program is only 2 years long and ranges from $4000 - $6000 in tuition costs, with a fild placement. 'cha-ching!' I think I just found my 5 year field goal.

By; Henna Boinsari

No comments:
Post a Comment